Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Planking (fad)

This is also known as "the lying down game", it is -well, an act lying face down in the most unusual places simply for a photograph. The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank, as Wikipedia puts it.

I first encountered this when I saw a friend in Facebook posted his "planking" pics. The photos were taken in their office. it's kind of weird because the people around him (while in the planking position) acts as if nothing weird is going on beside them. It looks weird but really funny!

Here are samples I found in the net:

and more!

I like this one...

I also found out that there other variations. There is Owling in which a person squats like an owl.

Teapotting is another variation. You would just have to bend your arms, remember the "I'm a little tea pot"? Simply like that pose.

Here's another one "leisure diving" which I think is really crazy yet looks fun. Just dive in pool and hold a pose while airborne. Quite similar to doing jump shot except this one, you're sure headed to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...