Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Larsian sa Fuente" Experience - Cebu City

It is a barbecue place
Those are the only words I was told. I really have no idea what else to expect aside from "everything barbecued". This picture in my head came in, it is probably situated in a nice place where you can just relax and enjoy your dinner. Maybe like "Gerry's Grill", then the scheme is like "Dampa" where you can pick the fresh seafood, pork, chicken, etc and have them cooked the way you wanted them. But it looks so different from the picture I have in mind.


Holy smokes
So finally we arrived. Standing in front of the place "Larsian sa Fuente", I was so curious what the place have in store for us. We stepped inside and we were engulfed in this thick cloud of smoke, it was as if we were walking on clouds. Are we in heaven? I admit that I was quite a bit shocked but that moment actually gave me a sudden feeling of excitement.

Welcome to Larsian
The place is surrounded by different barbecue stalls with lots and lots of tables right in front of each stalls towards the middle! The noise of the vendors calling, inviting and attracting prospective customers amused me. If you close your eyes it is as if they're calling your name wanting your autograph or picture with them (haha). You might also be surprised with the mix of the crowd here. I saw a few foreigners, some dating couples, a young group, a some kind of family gathering. Everybody is welcome!



Lami Kaayo
We had this dozen sticks of pork, liver and gizzard, chorizo, I don't know what else is there... and oh! Chicken. Plus it is served with "hanging rice" or what they call puso. You can say lami kaayo which means delicious.They do not have spoon and fork so forget about table manners and eat with your bare hands! I see some people wrap their hands with plastics so that their hands wouldn't get dirty.

Chicken
Assoted Pork, Liver, Gizzard, Chorizo.
 
My favorite Pusit!

Hanging Rice aka Puso (sing with me: Sana dalawa ang puso ko.).

The Experience
It is truly a fun, wacky, and unforgettable experience and the smell of the food will surely stick to your clothes. It really is so much fun and it is worth sharing and I hope you guys visit this place too! It is located near Fuente OsmeƱa and Chong Hua Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...