Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fun and Excitement in Star City

Star City is the longest-running and one of the popular amusement parks in the Philippines. They started in 1991. It is packed with exciting rides for kids, adults, and for the whole family. The park is also known for their Zyclone Loop and Wild River.

Zyclone Loop and Wild River

First time I've been to Star City was way back when I was about 10-years old. And that is the very first time that I rode the Zyclone Loop. I was too young to get in alone, so my mom had no other choice but to accompany me. And she didn't ride any of such ever again! Hehe

The second time was like 3 years ago with my nephew and nieces. The Flying Carpet (no longer featured in the park) became my favorite.
Flying Carpet

Now they have a new featured attraction that the whole family will surely enjoy, the Winter Funland (former Snow World site)! Race and slide down the 68-meter ice slide with others, plus you can also play ice bowling after that!

The bowling ball and the pins are fragile given the fact that they are all made of ice. But no worries, because they can make bowling balls and pins in just minutes so they will not run out of it.
Everything is made of ice! So make sure you are wearing something to keep you warm aside from the coat that they distribute to the visitors.

Just outside near the Winter Funland is the Star Flyer and I immediately got more excited!
Star Flyer is the Philippines' first and only inverted roller-coaster with loops. I swear that this ride is fun and guaranteed to make you scream! Perfect for thrill junkies!
Loop on the Star Flyer

After alighting from the Star Flyer, we ran towards the Surf Dancer. I was just like "c'mon let's go!" when in fact I had no idea what it does... seriously. I just thought, probably it just swings around like the "Viking" ride
Viking

or something like that. Not quite scary at all, right?

The Surf Dance doesn't look scary here.


Ok, it probably doesn't look convincingly scary in these pictures. :)

But oh my goodness! The whole thing goes CRAZY, I tell you! That's the only word I can find to describe it, crazy. It swings, goes around, tilts upward and downward. OK OK, fun but still "crazy". My advice: don't ride it yet if you just ate.

The good thing about Star City is that they also have rides indoors, so rain or shine you can still enjoy your visit. It's the "ber" months so expect a lot of people in the park.


1 comment:

  1. i missed the old times star city a d boom na boom.. BATANG 90'S HERE :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...