Saturday, August 7, 2010

Towed

Paeng failed its engine on me just when I was already SO CLOSE to our badminton tournament's venue! The engine wouldn't start and I was already in panic. Especially when an unknown tow truck approached and a man looked out of the window and asked (in an intimidating way) "anong problema niyan?!". I tried to manage a little smile as I dropped the hood, "Ay, wala po! Ok na! Ok na!"... I lied nervously. I don't want them to tow my car! Plus, I don't know if their towing service is even legal (there are some fake towing services, so be careful). So I phoned the Wheelers Club instead (after letting my parents know, of course).

My knight-in-shining-armor and my co-workers came to the rescue. So I made it to the tournament. I really thought that I will not be able to play which will make me feel more devastated!

Right after the game, I immediately called the Wheelers Club to send me a truck to finally tow Paeng. It took us 3 hours from Mandaluyong all the way to Novaliches. Why? The tow truck that they sent us is a Wheel-Lift type and the driver needs to check the hooks and chains every now and then. He says that it's slipping and that the car might fall if he will not check and fix it. I was getting a bit upset already because I was so tired and I wanted to go home early. They should have sent us a flatbed type. Grrr!
Here's Paeng at the back of the Wheel Lift tow truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...