Friday, July 15, 2011

Boracay (Day 5): The Long Way Home

07102011

I didn't hear Bev's "Party Rock Anthem" alarm tone but the sound of the heavy rain woke me up. It was already 7:30AM. Bev jumped off the bed and hurried because their call time for the shuttle service to catch their 11AM flight is 8AM! Unfortunately, we got a news that all flights are cancelled due to bad weather. Darn!

Here are the batches of our flights:
7AM, 11AM, 12:30PM, 4PM, 4:30, and 5PM.
I'm in the 4PM batch.

After tossing and turning on the bed, trying to get more sleep, I finally gave up! I took a shower and went downstairs to have breakfast. Got a clear view from the restaurant that the sun is up and shinning. So what's with the cancellation of flights? I asked my mom and a couple of friends about the weather in Manila, they all said that "the weather is fine except in the evening". But it was done already, all our flights are cancelled and re-booked for the 7PM flight...in Kalibo. Wah!
Looking at the bright side, at least we still got time to do last minute shopping!

Finally, we left the hotel at 3PM. A van drove us to the Boracay port, then had a 5-minute boat ride to Caticlan. Then about an hour and a half drive from Caticlan port to Kalibo Airport. Man, it was tiring! Then we had a few issues in the airport. There were a lot of cancelled and some diverted flights. Again, we were so tired and hungry. Shai and I got home at around 9PM.

That was a long stressful day, but surrounded with this great people in our group? I sure had an unforgettable great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...